About Me

My photo
Funloving,Social,Humorous,Spontaneous at times.Somebody who is empathetic,likes to express and keep learning.

Thursday, June 7, 2018

A game of Chess with my kid

My wife Suganya comes out laughing from the room.I wait because i know that she is going to narrate me the incident. She tells me "Vijay!You wont believe what happened just now.I played chess with Nithila and then a funny thing happened". I am already swelling with pride.My 4 year old kid attempts to play chess.I know she would barely know the game but still its a big deal for any father.
I asked my wife "She knows to play chess?How did you teach her??".
 She replies " That's another story.But just sit and watch me play with her.Then you will know why i was laughing".
Then we go inside and there is the chess board with coins strewn around in front of that .My wife tells my daughter "Ok. Nithila!Lets play another game.Daddy wants to watch you and me play.Ready?"
Nithila is all smiles and nods her head. Suganya tells "Ok. Nithila! Let us arrange the pieces.Do you want to play with white or black pieces?". She keeps her finger on the chin implying that she is deeply thinking and then after a moment says "White.No No. i will have black".Then my wife teaches her where to place which pieces.She does this dodging questions in the process which  my kid keeps asking like why should we keep the soldiers only in the front and why not this why not that. Finally all set for the game.

My wife first moves the first soldier by 2 squares.My kid does the same.Then next soldier we move it by one square.Again a question fired "Why first one is moved by 2 sqaures and not the other ones??".Somehow we get through that unscathed.Then my wife cuts one of the soldiers and my kid starts crying and throwing tantrums.Then we witness the unexpected.Nithila picks up one of the soldiers makes a swoop and in the process knocks of all the pieces of my wife and yells triumphantly "Yay.I win.I win.You said if i knock of the King i win right?I win I win".
We both are on the floor laughing our guts out while Nithila stands clueless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment